Admission (Foreign Students)
Admission in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Every year 50% foreign students permitted to take admission into the first year MBBS course from the Session 2015-2016.
Admission (Foreign Students)
Applications from foreign students will be received by the month of September each year for admission into first year MBBS course which usually starts from January next year. Please Check the Foreign Students MBBS Admission Circular (Latest) PDF attached in the Sidebar of this webpage & also check the website's Notice Board for details.
Eligibility of the Foreign Students to Apply
Foreign students seeking admission into the first year MBBS course must have more than 70% mark / GPA 8.00 (according to government rules) in SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations (O and A level) separately. Students with a break of study of more than one year are not eligible to apply.
Admission Procedure for Foreign Students
Eligible foreign students should apply in prescribed Application Form for Foreign Students and send it back to the address given below by post within 15th September (or as notified by the college authority). Following documents are also required to be sent along with the application form:
- Photocopy of SSC & HSC (or equivalent examinations) Mark sheets attested by ministry of foreign affairs of the respective countries of the applicants.
- Photocopy of SSC & HSC (or equivalent examinations) Certificates attested by ministry of foreign affairs of the respective countries of the applicants.
- Three (3) recent passport size attested photographs.
- Photocopy of passport.
- Equivalence certificate from DGHS (Director General of Health Services) Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Application with above-mentioned documents should reach to one of the following addresses:
- Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College 12/3, New Circular Road, Malibagh, Dhaka-1217, Bangladesh E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Phone: +88 02 9341887 Cell: +88 01969 610422 Fax: +88 02 9343018 Website: www.drsimc.com
- A & A Corporation (Native Agent) Md. Omar Hasan 35/10, Road #11, Shekhertek, Adabor, Shyamoli, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Contract: +88 01711 167676 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Innovations (Sub Agent for Indian Students (J & K) Contract: +91 9906791780 Email: email@example.com
- Khan Education Private Limited (Khurshida Khatun) Sub Agent for Indian Students (West Bengal) Contract: +91 9046402502, +91 9153438151 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Zone (Sub Agent for Indian Students (Jammu & Kashmir) Akhil Goel 558, Prem Nagar Jogi Gate, Jammu, India. Contract: +91 96 22222114, +91 96 22111177 Email: @gmail.com
- Education Times (Sub Agent for Indian Students) Raj Kr.Mandal, Managing Director 320, 3rd floor, US Complex,Mathura Rd. New Delhi-110076, India. Contract: +91 9867426565, +91 9958565973 Email: email@example.com
Verification of Transcripts / Certificates
Mark sheets of the applicants are verified for equivalency by the Director, Medical Education under Ministry of Health. A fee of Tk. 6,000 is charged for this purpose. After equivalency, candidates are selected by the college authority and are informed by Post/ Fax / Email. Selected candidates should respond immediately as per notification of the college authority and pay USD $6,000 (non-refundable) for confirmation of seat. Only medically fit candidates should apply. After admission if any student is found to have gross physical or mental defect such as severe cardiac or visual defect will be considered unfit and his/her admission will be cancelled. No refund will be made in such cases.
Financial Requirements for Foreign Students Admission (MBBS)
- Each foreign student (India and other SAARC countries) will pay US $ 40,000.
Financial requirements for the 05 (Five) years MBBS course are noted below:
|01.||Admission fees||19,000 $ USD|
|02.||Tuition fee||12,000 $ USD|
|03.||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Registration fee||1000 $ USD|
|04.||University of Dhaka Registration fee||1000 $ USD|
|05.||Hostel fee (Without Meal)||5000 $ USD|
|06||Miscellaneous||2000 $ USD|
- Clinical training fee : BDT 20,000/- (Twenty Thousand BDT) to be paid every year from 3rd year to 5th year for the purpose of clinical training.
- Field visit / Study tour fee : BDT 20,000/- (Twenty Thousand BDT) to be paid in 3rd year.
Payment Schedule of Installment
|Serial No.||Amount of Installment||Payment Date of Installment|
|01||17 ,000 $ USD||At the time of Admission|
|02||5,000 $ USD||November 2021|
|03||6,000 $ USD||May 2022|
|04||6,000 $ USD||December 2022|
|05||6,000 $ USD||July 2023|
A medical checkup is done for each selected candidates before admission. Students having gross physical, mental or refractory disorders may not be admitted as per decision of the medical board.